Version 0.4.1 of revtools is available on GitHub now, and should be on CRAN soon. This version fixes a few bugs in 0.4.0, but there are also a large number of improvements to parts of the package. The details are as follows:
New functions and features
- Improved behaviour of
- Clicking on topics highlights all points in that topic, and renders points from non-selected topics as grey with low opacity
- New 'processing' tab allows manipulation of arguments passed to
- More consistent apps:
- Apps that record screening information now do so in a unique column starting with 'selected_', allowing users to determine at which stage articles were excluded during the screening process. New column names are as follows:
screen_titlesstores data in 'selected_titles'
screen_abstractsstores data in 'selected_abstracts'
screen_topicsstores data in 'selected_topics'
- All apps now use the same naming convention for selection/exclusion (previously screen_topics returned TRUE/FALSE)
screen_titlesno longer add 'color' or 'order' columns to exported objects
- Improvements to
- Now accepts objects of class
data.frameas an input
- Flexible bigram detection c/o package 'ngram'
- Chooses words for display by number of characters, rather than frequency of occurrence in the dataset
- Allows user-controlled removal (the default) or retention of empty rows
screen_abstractsautomatically moves to the next reference when a selection is made, and hides screened articles by default
read_bibliographynow recognises ris tags from Web of Science (.ciw format)
add_line_breaksnow available as a standalone function, as well as being an argument in
- objects returned by
find_duplicatesnow include information on the call that created them (via
find_duplicatesnow searches for exact matches of DOIs by default, or fuzzy matching of article titles if DOIs are missing
make_dtmnow returns an object of
matrix. This can be coerced to a matrix by
merge_columnsshould return columns in the same order regardless of order that objects are provided
- Importing multiple files at once no longer generates non-unique 'label' entries, which could cause failure of article citations in
- csv files now import with correct text encoding using
screen_duplicatesloads data.frames correctly from the command line
- data.frames returned by
read_bibliographyalways have snake case column names
make_dtmnow removes all words of three letters or fewer
- Improved behaviour of
In other news, this is likely to be the last version of revtools to contain it’s own import code, which is being outsourced to package ‘synthesisr’ as part of the metaverse project. The function
read_bibliography will be retained, but as a wrapper to code from synthesisr. More to follow in 2020.